Forumnyheter:

På detta forum pratar vi om guld och guldvaskning. Allt från prospektering till tips och knep, bygga maskiner eller bara chatta lite....Välkommen att bli medlem!

Huvudmeny

Jomsa is in the house

Startat av jomsa, 16 november, 2020, 11:45:27

Föregående ämne - Nästa ämne

0 Medlemmar och 1 gäst tittar på detta ämne.

jomsa

Citat från: Osmiridium skrivet 08 februari, 2021, 23:23:51
Nice video, I think you make a very good point in that the guy shoveling is usually the real bottleneck for the operation. Many people invest too much in equipment when they don't have the strength to feed it  :)) But it's also a part of the hobby I guess, you see some nice machine and you want it too ...

One thing I think you missed with the trommel is the impact of clay in your paydirt. For loose gravels and sand, any sluice can do the job, but if there's a lot of clay on the stones I think a trommel can make a significant improvement. A regular sluice just isn't violent enough to clean the clay off the rocks, in my experience...

Have you had any problems with clay at your claim? Down at our place, around the "trap stones" at the bottom, there's a layer of very sticky clay on all the rocks. We've been examining and panning them separately to check, and they have gold stuck to them. @Hannu made a nice trommel, and it cleans those rocks very well, even the large flat ones.
I guess the clay could be one good reason for trommels, but then again, i am not sure is it still worth it, unless all of your stones are clay covered. At my mine, sure we have had the clay problem. Specially during last few years at the Shitvalley cut (no really, its what we call it because the outhouse is there) .  However that clay is so tough i dont think 1-2m of trommel will be able to clean it. We had to use spades and hands to scrape it when we remember. Since we tried scraping bunch of stones to gold pan and panned it, and found nothing so wont be scraping in future.

Citat från: Grävmaskinisten skrivet 09 februari, 2021, 05:46:08
There is only one way to get rid of that sticky clay and that's manuel scrubbing there will always be some clay left when you use trommels or shaker deck but if you can live with some clay left and process more material then it maybe worth it. In my case it's  time that stops  me using just traditional  methods but if I had some more time let's say 2 month then maybe I would just use traditional sluice and manuell scrubbing.....but even if you choose the right method and not finding good pay streak, well you know what I mean....

Not sure about the time point. In my experience it did not speed up the process. Well maybe if you have loose easily feedable ground, maybe then.
Native of Lemmenjoki and Lapland
Mining Kaarreoja since 2002

Osmiridium

Paskalaaksoon!  :)) Not the most charming name for a pit, huh  :)) :)) Better be careful which "golden nuggets" you dig for there  >:D

You're right @Grävmaskinisten , if there's not a good paystreak it doesn't matter how much work you do. Like looking in the pan for more gold, after you finish panning the concentrate. But I think the trommel or shaker deck with rocks grinding against eachother will liberate a lot more gold than just the rocks tumbling in the sluice. Again it's the problem of feeding the machine enough for its capacity.

I don't know how much clay there will be at the bottom of my pit this year. If the yellow water is any indication, it will be sticky. But there's good gold in the "peasoup" too  8)

Speaking of machine-assisted digging, maybe you can make a followup video on land dredging vs traditional sluice after this season @jomsa  C:-)

jomsa

Citat från: Osmiridium skrivet 09 februari, 2021, 14:14:58
Paskalaaksoon!  :)) Not the most charming name for a pit, huh  :)) :)) Better be careful which "golden nuggets" you dig for there  >:D

Speaking of machine-assisted digging, maybe you can make a followup video on land dredging vs traditional sluice after this season @jomsa  C:-)

Yes. Paskalaakso, well actuall i said wrong.. should be Shitgully...  Paskakuru.  And yeah dont want to dig too close to the shithouse.

But yeah, if i get the dredging stuff sorted out this season, it is a vid i will most likely do. Which actually reminds me. If some one knows of any good dry dredging nozzles for sale. Around 3" size.. PM me.

johanssonsan

Citat från: jomsa skrivet 09 februari, 2021, 14:34:19
Citat från: Osmiridium skrivet 09 februari, 2021, 14:14:58

Yes. Paskalaakso, well actuall i said wrong.. should be Shitgully...  Paskakuru.  And yeah dont want to dig too close to the shithouse.

But yeah, if i get the dredging stuff sorted out this season, it is a vid i will most likely do. Which actually reminds me. If some one knows of any good dry dredging nozzles for sale. Around 3" size.. PM me.

Please also leave a note here:  https://www.guldforum.se/forum/index.php?board=76.0

jomsa

Or.. i could just have it manufactured once i get the details done right  :  see attachment...   Made that quickly with F360 while trying to figure stuff out.

Osmiridium

Citat från: jomsa skrivet 09 februari, 2021, 19:10:27
Or.. i could just have it manufactured once i get the details done right  :  see attachment...   Made that quickly with F360 while trying to figure stuff out.

I'm no expert in dredges but you'll need 2 pipes from the pressure hose for a dry land dredge. One forwards to flush water into your dredge hole and one backwards to create suction, with an adjustable flow for the forward one.

Check the hydro force design:

Otherwise you'll just have a regular dredge nozzle but then you'll run out of water since you're not dredging inside the creek...

jomsa

Citat från: Osmiridium skrivet 09 februari, 2021, 19:37:10
Citat från: jomsa skrivet 09 februari, 2021, 19:10:27

I'm no expert in dredges but you'll need 2 pipes from the pressure hose for a dry land dredge. One forwards to flush water into your dredge hole and one backwards to create suction, with an adjustable flow for the forward one.

Otherwise you'll just have a regular dredge nozzle but then you'll run out of water since you're not dredging inside the creek...

I am aware of this. M1 had it, removed it from M2 for now, until i figure out the.. details.

jomsa

One more. I'll stop now i promise.  :)

All the small thing added. Positioning needs some work still. Maybe Mk3 is needed.

iller

Citat från: jomsa skrivet 10 februari, 2021, 00:00:13
One more. I'll stop now i promise.  :)

All the small thing added. Positioning needs some work still. Maybe Mk3 is needed.

That thing is starting to look real sexeeey :P

jomsa

Citat från: iller skrivet 10 februari, 2021, 17:37:13

Thanks. I am starting Mk3 now..  but i think i'll be keeping its details secret for now. :D  ..who knows maybe i prototype it. I start selling them if it works. Could use the cash. (as if anyone would buy it)

iller

Citat från: jomsa skrivet 10 februari, 2021, 18:36:07
Citat från: iller skrivet 10 februari, 2021, 17:37:13

Thanks. I am starting Mk3 now..  but i think i'll be keeping its details secret for now. :D  ..who knows maybe i prototype it. I start selling them if it works. Could use the cash. (as if anyone would buy it)

The way to make money from gold diggers is to sell them equipment :P

jomsa

Osmiridium

It's almost done! Did you notice the expanded metal was backwards at 2:12 ?  ??? Guess it's easy to just flip it, but make sure it still fits when it's oriented the right way  C:-)

What do you think about the finnish square rubber mats by the way? Some of us swedish miners really like those.