Forumnyheter:

På detta forum pratar vi om guld och guldvaskning. Allt från prospektering till tips och knep, bygga maskiner eller bara chatta lite....Välkommen att bli medlem!

Huvudmeny

Amps??

Startat av Aquatek69, 31 januari, 2015, 15:59:36

Föregående ämne - Nästa ämne

0 Medlemmar och 1 gäst tittar på detta ämne.

Aquatek69

A quick question,

how many amps does the normal Swedish house electric outlet put out?? I know the UK is 13 amps but not sure here :(

My 230v single phase rock crusher tries to turn but trips out, maybe need a heavier amp connection on the outside of my house.

Any ideas are welcome as I am no electrician, it's voodoo!!

John.
Scandredge.se
Material in motion

Verktygsmakaren Sven

normal is 10A   but it can be up to 13A      and there is slow and fast fuses  you should have an slow
Lättjan är uppfinningarnas moder/
Ingenting är omöjligt det Omöjliga tar bara lite längre tid

Aquatek69

Thanks, that explains it then, i need to have a heavy duty connection outside of my house. :(

John.
Scandredge.se
Material in motion

Verktygsmakaren Sven

do you run it as single phase with an capacitor?

Lättjan är uppfinningarnas moder/
Ingenting är omöjligt det Omöjliga tar bara lite längre tid

johanssonsan

Try one of those automatic fuses. Hold the button down as you start the motor. Your motor is using a lot more ampere as it starts up to full speed.

Aquatek69

No idea! Haha, i just plugged it in! I have no clue about capacitors etc but it's a 230v motor. It works geat without the crusher connected but tries to go & trips out when connected to the crusher.

It's on an automatic fuse, i never thought of holding it down but i don't want a house fire so i'll pass on that one haha....
Scandredge.se
Material in motion

Guldbob

It should not be a problem to run, could you please take a closer picture on the lable then i can tell.
A normal Swedish household would have 10amp fuse and 240voltage, letting you use 2400watts on one phase. In almost any power outlet.
Go for Gold
/Guldbob

www.paydirt.se

Aquatek69

Just been out for the photo, it runs really smooth with no load but connecting the crusher trips the automatic fuse downstairs on the main panel....
Thanks,
John.
Scandredge.se
Material in motion

Guldbob

Hi, It might be a problem, make sure that you dont have any other load on the same fuse. A lamp or anything..
Remember, your engine will use 9.7 amp, it  is a close call. If you have a 16amp outlet then use it.
Go for Gold
/Guldbob

www.paydirt.se

Guldbob

oops, have you made sure it is wired for high power 220 - 240 as in Sweden? And not for 115V.
Go for Gold
/Guldbob

www.paydirt.se

7up

It says 60 hz and we have 50 Hz in Sweden, not sure how much it does matter though.

Aquatek69

Yes, for sure it's wired right ;)

Actually I put it together in the conseratory off my living room so just ran the cable into the house...
I have an external dedicated double socket in my parking area that handles a small Biltema stick welder so that's possibly ok to use...

What specs would I be looking for on a generator if I was to use it "in the field"??

Thanks again it's appreciated.
John.
Scandredge.se
Material in motion

johanssonsan

Connected as it says on the right on the picture. With bridges over the T# terminals?