Forumnyheter:

Är det någon som känner att detta forum beter sig konstigt? kontakta då admin (Nugget) via PM eller mejl: admin@guldforum.se

Huvudmeny

Jomsa is in the house

Startat av jomsa, 16 november, 2020, 11:45:27

Föregående ämne - Nästa ämne

0 Medlemmar och 1 gäst tittar på detta ämne.

jomsa

Citat från: Osmiridium skrivet 15 februari, 2021, 15:47:11
It's almost done! Did you notice the expanded metal was backwards at 2:12 ?  ??? Guess it's easy to just flip it, but make sure it still fits when it's oriented the right way  C:-)

What do you think about the finnish square rubber mats by the way? Some of us swedish miners really like those.

Well first of all, they were not supposed to make the expamet stuff there. So cant really comment on that. I was supposed to make my own special holder there at Uni metalshop, but i guess i'll use that.

Secondly, the square holed rubber mat, i myself use it randomly only for exploratory stuff as it is easy to spot gold on. But i've heard and seen myself, that gold tends to jump out of it occasionally. So it should be used only for screening, not for final resting place for gold.
Native of Lemmenjoki and Lapland
Mining Kaarreoja since 2002

Osmiridium

I mean the deep Kulta Jussi mats, not the car boot type:

https://finndetector.com/Kullankaivuuv%C3%A4lineet/R%C3%A4nnit-ja-varusteet/Kulta-Jussi-Rihlamatto-20-x-44-cm-kumi-isoruutuinen/

These hold gold very well, even with high water flow. The only downside is you need to have exactly 20 cm ränni for them.

jomsa

Citat från: Osmiridium skrivet 15 februari, 2021, 15:55:02

https://finndetector.com/Kullankaivuuv%C3%A4lineet/R%C3%A4nnit-ja-varusteet/Kulta-Jussi-Rihlamatto-20-x-44-cm-kumi-isoruutuinen/

These hold gold very well, even with high water flow. The only downside is you need to have exactly 20 cm ränni for them.

Oh those. I guess they are fine? Never used those ones with deeper profile but i dont see why they would not work. Though not sure how the vortex forms on them.

johanssonsan

Citat från: jomsa skrivet 15 februari, 2021, 15:58:15

Oh those. I guess they are fine? Never used those ones with deeper profile but i dont see why they would not work. Though not sure how the vortex forms on them.
Where is yhe gold going when this mat is filled up with gravel and heavies?

jomsa

Citat från: johanssonsan skrivet 15 februari, 2021, 16:10:45
Citat från: jomsa skrivet 15 februari, 2021, 15:58:15

Where is yhe gold going when this mat is filled up with gravel and heavies?

And when does this happen with properly set up hand fed sluice? :D

Osmiridium

Yeah it's an unconventional design but the vortex in the square is very good. We have discussed the square design a little here in regards to 3d-printing sluices. They never get full, the only way they could get full is if you have way too little water in the sluice I guess  :-\

But anyway, it's great to see your sluice getting ready. It's going to catch some very nice gold this summer  8) Will you be using the green carpet from your old sluice in the upper half of it?

Don't forget to look for korundi, there's a lot of nice stones at Kaarreoja  O:-) With all those riffles at the end you will catch a lot of interesting minerals, just need to sieve and look at them in good sunlight to find the goodies  C:-)

jomsa

Citat från: Osmiridium skrivet 15 februari, 2021, 16:19:05
But anyway, it's great to see your sluice getting ready. It's going to catch some very nice gold this summer  8) Will you be using the green carpet from your old sluice in the upper half of it?

The new sluices are 50mm wider than the old ones. So not possible to use the old green carpet. I'll be making new one, and if i manage to fix that expamet i'll try on some spaghetti i got stashed away. Just to see how it works.

Don't forget to look for korundi, there's a lot of nice stones at Kaarreoja  O:-) With all those riffles at the end you will catch a lot of interesting minerals, just need to sieve and look at them in good sunlight to find the goodies  C:-)
Yeah i've found bunch of gemstones during the years. It is one of the reasons i wanted more riffle area for the sluice so i have slightly increased chance to catch garnets and corundums.

Osmiridium

Here's a big corundum I found last season:

[mmg]1208[/mmg]

It's a bit hard to see from the image but it has both pink and greyish-blue areas, most of the stone is grey unfortunately. There's both pink rubies and sky blue sapphires if you're lucky  O:-) Still hoping to find some big ones with good colour...

jomsa

Here is bunch of the ones i've found. I have another picture somewher where there is even more of them, cant find it now though.

Osmiridium

Wow, you're killing me with those, the red and purple ones are soooo beautiful!  :o :o :o How big are they roughly? Thank goodness there's someone else on Kaarreoja who looks for these wonderful treasures  O:-) The crystal with a side crystal on it is really cool too  :o

jomsa

Citat från: Osmiridium skrivet 15 februari, 2021, 16:43:03
Wow, you're killing me with those, the red and purple ones are soooo beautiful!  :o :o :o How big are they roughly? Thank goodness there's someone else on Kaarreoja who looks for these wonderful treasures  O:-) The crystal with a side crystal on it is really cool too  :o

Part of professional pride of gold miner is to know a bit about gemstones and to have an eye that can spot them. So i have something like two dozen of these. Largest is like.. hmm. I'd say 30mm .. smallesta and most of them are tiny like 8 - 15mm and very broken.

johanssonsan

Citat från: jomsa skrivet 15 februari, 2021, 16:22:23

The new sluices are 50mm wider than the old ones. So not possible to use the old green carpet. I'll be making new one, and if i manage to fix that expamet i'll try on some spaghetti i got stashed away. Just to see how it works.

Yeah i've found bunch of gemstones during the years. It is one of the reasons i wanted more riffle area for the sluice so i have slightly increased chance to catch garnets and corundums.

Did you ever think of using this new type of mat - Dream Mat:

jomsa

Citat från: johanssonsan skrivet 16 februari, 2021, 21:37:33
Did you ever think of using this new type of mat - Dream Mat:

Very interested to test it. Maybe if piece of it appears my way someday then yeah. But for now i think its better if i use my money on getting the basic equipment back into running order.