Forumnyheter:

Är det någon som känner att detta forum beter sig konstigt? kontakta då admin (Nugget) via PM eller mejl: admin@guldforum.se

Huvudmeny

Jomsa is in the house

Startat av jomsa, 16 november, 2020, 11:45:27

Föregående ämne - Nästa ämne

0 Medlemmar och 1 gäst tittar på detta ämne.

jomsa

Hello my Swedish friends. I am long time Finnish gold miner from Lemmenjoki and nowdays i occasionally do some youtube videos.  I've been monitoring traffic from this forum to my youtube channel at https://www.youtube.com/c/Jomsatube/featured and i've been bit surprised by the continued traffic. I am guessing it is mostly because my neighbouring miners such as Hannu & co... but i thought that why not to hop i här to discuss a little bit about stuff, as Finnish forums are quite quiet.

My Swedish language is very poor (though just last winter went throu basics course at local Uni), but what i've gathered with google translate discussions seem to go around all sorts of topics here so i'll try to see what i can learn from here. Also do check out my YT channel. There will be new content coming occasionally (actually today at 17:00 Finnish time) will be the last part of my Kaarreoja mining stuff from past summer. I'll try to remember post on this thread once it is out.

But yeah, hope to see loads of interesting discussions. And big HI from me.
Native of Lemmenjoki and Lapland
Mining Kaarreoja since 2002

jomsa

Grävmaskinisten

Varför gräver du?? Det retar alltid någon!

Osmiridium

Hi Jomsa and welcome! It's nice to see you here, we have been following your adventures for a while now. It's nice that you make videos in english, because most of us can't understand much finnish beyond kippis and kiitos  :-[

I just finished watching today's episode of your Lemmenjoki mining. Kaarreoja is a strange place for gold, it isn't always where you expect it to be. This summer I was prospecting a lot of places on our claim just north of you, but it is so hard to find a new paystreak. Even where there's nice bedrock it can be totally empty. Where are the 200 gram nuggets hiding??  :))

The reddish concrete material you talked about is familiar to me, we have some of it in the lower part of the claim near the creek. The gold that comes out of it is also stained red, it seems like there has been a lot of pyrite or something in the soil that made it rust. That's my theory for why it is so hard, and has that colour. But it's difficult digging, and if you have clumps they just wash out of the sluice so you really need to smash it   :-\

I can't wait to get back there and start digging again. This summer I had to leave just after finding some nice gold in my pit near Isola, so next year will be very exciting  ;D  Hope to meet you up there then, I think I missed you by 2-3 days this time.

Enjoy your stay here on guldforum!

jomsa

Cool. Its a real drag choosing between the language for the films as i am fully aware that its almost clear 50/50 split in the viewers between Finnish speaking and people from all over the world.

Yeah the red stuff is mushed up bedrock i think and the clay (if any) is somesort of accretion... conglomerate materia. The clay is so puzzling that i cant really figure it out.

I am trying to arrange a very very long vacations off from work so i get to mine for a long time. I am also trying to setup few new expeditions and of course i am going to keep up on helping my cousin set him up with his new claim.

Learned a lot this summer and trying to see if i can improve my video and mining gear... But need to find some capital for all of it.

Osmiridium

It's really nice living up there for several weeks, hope you can get the time off for next season. I'm jealous of your cabin, we have to live in tents and it's not always the most comfortable living  :))

Speaking of the bedrock, I keep getting surprised by how "flat" and nice your bedrock is. Just 200 meters north where we have been digging, the bedrock is made up of loose flat plates with dissolved bedrock between them. It is very hard to just take off the paydirt on top and stop there, because the plates fall off and make new holes. And all the plates are sticking up at an angle, so if you want a flat floor in the pit you need to fill it with something.

Is the bedrock solid and without plates where you dig? Or do you cover the floor with some dirt to make it smooth?

jomsa

I have the slates too. But they come and go in phases. Say you got line where you got coarse slate bedrock slabs like the ones you describe and then right next to it you can have the very crushed and smooth bedrock. So its not homogenous. Next time you are around, check the flood creek coming down in the lower part of my claim (near your site) the bottom of that creek is those slabs and they are hard going, but some of the best gold i've found ever was in those slabs. Actually it was those slabs which were glued together by clay. Almost like a brick wall like configuration. The smooth bedrock has been puzzling me too a bit, but i have done now 2 test sluicings of it and there does not seem to be any gold in it. I suppose i could try breaking through it. But who knows if there is 30cm or 30m of the stuff.

gangsing finne

Tervetuloa minunkin puolesta .täällä toinen suomalainen C:-) .itselläki oli sama syy tulla tänne ,täällä foorumilla  on aktiivisempaa vaskaus porukkaa  8) .komiaa  8)

Övers. Välkommen från egen del .här är en till finne .har själv haft samma orsak att komma hit ,denna forum har aktivare vaskare  C:-) .finemang   8)
vaska stället först innan du gräver

gangsing finne

My name gangsing is becouse im born and grow up in sweden and place of gagnef .we are more swedenfinns here than you can belive it  C:-)
vaska stället först innan du gräver

jomsa

I see. I've sort of got a feeling about something like that going on here.

iller

Hey Jomsa! Magnus here and welcome to the forum :D

jomsa

Citat från: iller skrivet 21 november, 2020, 17:14:01
Hey Jomsa! Magnus here and welcome to the forum :D

I hope i am not disturbing... :D

iller