Forumnyheter:

På detta forum pratar vi om guld och guldvaskning. Allt från prospektering till tips och knep, bygga maskiner eller bara chatta lite....Välkommen att bli medlem!

Huvudmeny

Panning a river bend

Startat av Aquatek69, 04 juni, 2014, 08:39:51

Föregående ämne - Nästa ämne

0 Medlemmar och 1 gäst tittar på detta ämne.

Aquatek69

Ok, if you had to prospect this river bend, where would you start? :-) the river is running North South....
Cheers,
John.

Scandredge.se
Material in motion

BASSO

It´s incedible hard to say from a photo, but it looks like "flatland" for me, is there enough speed on the water so that the lights does not settle?
On that riverbend i would start sampling below the last bend, maybe 30-50m or so.
Take sampels on both sides of the river with 10-20m between (maybe closer on the more interesting sections).
About three samples on each location, one in the water, one in the brink and one a bit up on the brink, maybe one side per day on that stretch?
I would look for acumulations of hevy minerals of course gold and the right size of gravel. When i have found some hotspots i would have sampled those areas more and gone deeper.
If i only had a limited time on me i would like to take samples behind the little "island" before the first bend, behind the first bend/pensula and behind the two bends in the middle.
Good luck and best regards Basso.
Guld finns överallt det gäller bara att hitta det...

morgondagensGULD

This pic is not that dark

Aquatek69

Thanks for that, yes it's flatland, it will be a day out with my twin boys (12 years old) it's the first time panning for them so hopefully we'll find something :)
I've not been there before but a day at a river is always a good day..... On the lower part it looks like there's some wash from a stone in the river so I will take a small sluice & the Henderson to get in behind it.....
Cheers,
John.
Scandredge.se
Material in motion