Forumnyheter:

På detta forum pratar vi om guld och guldvaskning. Allt från prospektering till tips och knep, bygga maskiner eller bara chatta lite....Välkommen att bli medlem!

Huvudmeny

Jomsa is in the house

Startat av jomsa, 16 november, 2020, 11:45:27

Föregående ämne - Nästa ämne

0 Medlemmar och 2 gäster tittar på detta ämne.

Grävmaskinisten

Citat från: jomsa skrivet 19 januari, 2021, 10:25:57
Okay i've skimmed thru most of the documents given to me and.. i can say now few things that i think ... like are the key things here. Now do remember that these are NOT OFFICIAL things, but are things that seemed to come up over and over again. So these are MY INTERPRETATIONS!
Also this is just for the legality of non-machine mine permitted hand operated placer mines. So if you got permits for Excavators, dont worry, just blast away according to the permit you have.

• First of all, pumping capacity should be kept well below 1000l/min. Ideally around 500l/min as it is the closely related to classic hand operated sluicing operations.
  • Do not operate in flowing water (creeks, brooks, rivers, lakes any of it), and try to stay away from any flowing water as much as possible. Also recycling the dredging water IS strongly recommended. Note: It is still bit of an question as to "how far from" the flowing water.
  • No additional changes to land reclamation seem to exist, so just do the same stuff as for hand operated sluicing for reclamation
  • It is strongly RECOMENDED to request FREE preview from ELY on your planned operation. However the paper even if they greenlight you, it is not AN PERMIT, but an approval of your plan. Should you deviate from your plan, you could be in trouble should inspection be done on your claim (and i guess even requesting such paper will call some attention to your operation)
  • For Lemmenjoki area, the ELY review will also ask the opinion of MH (Ministry of Forestry), so ... yeah, keep that in mind

So anyway, i submitted a long long very detailed plan for ELY reviewal. Magnus here on the forums knows a bit about it all ready, but yeah. I detailed the area of operations and planned equipment, cubic meters per summer, water cleaning, etc. Almost every last bit of detail. Now i am just waiting for their reply. I assume it could take months.

Depending on what the permit entails, i might make a vid for JomsaTube - ( https://www.youtube.com/c/jomsatube ) about it also... You guys think it would be interesting?

Very interesting and you keep up the good work in this matter👍👍
Varför gräver du?? Det retar alltid någon!

Osmiridium

So you're applying for permission to use the dry-land dredge on your claim? Or am I understanding it wrong? It will be interesting to see what they say, a video would be great! It's always great to see an actual case, with the whole process and outcome included.

I read the whole water law recently but it's really hard to know which parts actually apply to gold mining. And what is "irrelevant impact" on a stream anyway  ::)

jomsa

Citat från: Osmiridium skrivet 19 januari, 2021, 22:02:42
So you're applying for permission to use the dry-land dredge on your claim? Or am I understanding it wrong?

As i said :
Citat från: jomsa skrivet 19 januari, 2021, 10:25:57

• It is strongly RECOMENDED to request FREE preview from ELY on your planned operation. However the paper even if they greenlight you, it is not AN PERMIT, but an approval of your plan. Should you deviate from your plan, you could be in trouble should inspection be done on your claim (and i guess even requesting such paper will call some attention to your operation)

But i am asking them to review my use case for it's legality. I suspect it will be a ... somewhat tighter thing since we are talking about Lemmenjoki and the national park here. I really dont want to mess with the lawmen again. Had enough of them.
Native of Lemmenjoki and Lapland
Mining Kaarreoja since 2002

jomsa

Here is finally the video made in co-operation with TUKES : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38_2SageDtg

On the video i go thru the process of making a annual reporting about mining for Tukes. As for now i am not sure how do people from abroad authenticate to it though. (asked Pasi, he said there will be an option for it) ... So yeah. Enjoy! And remember to like'n'sub so i know if it's panning out or not :D

HANNU

Har inte kållat om gamla sättet att rapportera finns kvar, men håppas på det, därför att få i Sverige har finska bankinloggnings möjligheter.
Stå på dig, annars gör nån annan det.

jomsa

jomsa

ELY has responded to my inquiry. Long story short, they approved my plan, but there was some stipulations. Like Cannot dredge closer than 5m of the creek itself. Silt tailings must be stored outside of flood zones. And couple of other minor things. Might want to do a video out of this at somepoint.

So i guess it is off to find the money to invest into dredging now... (capacity was also specified... undirectly to 500l/min - 700l/min Max) ...

Again! Remember that these only apply to my own made specifications of mining, and Might not apply to yours.

Grävmaskinisten

Sounds great, must investigate my situation ;)

Osmiridium

That is great news! They replied quite quickly too, good service. Did they include any special conditions from Metsä Halitus since it's in Lemmenjoki?

This season will be very exciting at Kaarreoja  8)  Looking forward to seeing your build, go get that money..  ;D

jomsa

Citat från: Osmiridium skrivet 05 februari, 2021, 13:07:42
That is great news! They replied quite quickly too, good service. Did they include any special conditions from Metsä Halitus since it's in Lemmenjoki?

This season will be very exciting at Kaarreoja  8)  Looking forward to seeing your build, go get that money..  ;D

Interestingly no. There was nothing on MH. Maybe its still on its way?

Dont know i fi can afford to get the gear for this summer. I'll try, but i am in bit of pinch with cash atm.

jomsa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPoD9CgJaRk

Allright. So a little bit about my thoughts on machines on hand operated claims.

Osmiridium

Nice video, I think you make a very good point in that the guy shoveling is usually the real bottleneck for the operation. Many people invest too much in equipment when they don't have the strength to feed it  :)) But it's also a part of the hobby I guess, you see some nice machine and you want it too ...

One thing I think you missed with the trommel is the impact of clay in your paydirt. For loose gravels and sand, any sluice can do the job, but if there's a lot of clay on the stones I think a trommel can make a significant improvement. A regular sluice just isn't violent enough to clean the clay off the rocks, in my experience...

Have you had any problems with clay at your claim? Down at our place, around the "trap stones" at the bottom, there's a layer of very sticky clay on all the rocks. We've been examining and panning them separately to check, and they have gold stuck to them. @Hannu made a nice trommel, and it cleans those rocks very well, even the large flat ones.

How about a trommel that isn't mounted so high above ground? I'm liking this idea myself...  O:-)

Grävmaskinisten

Citat från: Osmiridium skrivet 08 februari, 2021, 23:23:51
Nice video, I think you make a very good point in that the guy shoveling is usually the real bottleneck for the operation. Many people invest too much in equipment when they don't have the strength to feed it  :)) But it's also a part of the hobby I guess, you see some nice machine and you want it too ...

One thing I think you missed with the trommel is the impact of clay in your paydirt. For loose gravels and sand, any sluice can do the job, but if there's a lot of clay on the stones I think a trommel can make a significant improvement. A regular sluice just isn't violent enough to clean the clay off the rocks, in my experience...

Have you had any problems with clay at your claim? Down at our place, around the "trap stones" at the bottom, there's a layer of very sticky clay on all the rocks. We've been examining and panning them separately to check, and they have gold stuck to them. @Hannu made a nice trommel, and it cleans those rocks very well, even the large flat ones.

How about a trommel that isn't mounted so high above ground? I'm liking this idea myself...  O:-)

There is only one way to get rid of that sticky clay and that's manuel scrubbing there will always be some clay left when you use trommels or shaker deck but if you can live with some clay left and process more material then it maybe worth it. In my case it's  time that stops  me using just traditional  methods but if I had some more time let's say 2 month then maybe I would just use traditional sluice and manuell scrubbing.....but even if you choose the right method and not finding good pay streak, well you know what I mean....