Gå ned Hoppa till huvudinnehåll

Författare Ämne: Panning a river bend

0 medlemmar och 1 gäst tittar på detta ämne.

• Surdeg
  • Antal inlägg: 399
    • Scandredge AB
  • Gillande:
Panning a river bend
OP: 04 juni, 2014, 08:39:51
Ok, if you had to prospect this river bend, where would you start? :-) the river is running North South....
Cheers,
John.

• IP loggad
« Senast ändrad: 04 juni, 2014, 13:28:22 av Aquatek69 »
Scandredge.se
Material in motion

B
  • Surdeg
  • Antal inlägg: 639
  • Gillande:
SV: Panning a river bend
#1: 04 juni, 2014, 10:44:19
It´s incedible hard to say from a photo, but it looks like "flatland" for me, is there enough speed on the water so that the lights does not settle?
On that riverbend i would start sampling below the last bend, maybe 30-50m or so.
Take sampels on both sides of the river with 10-20m between (maybe closer on the more interesting sections).
About three samples on each location, one in the water, one in the brink and one a bit up on the brink, maybe one side per day on that stretch?
I would look for acumulations of hevy minerals of course gold and the right size of gravel. When i have found some hotspots i would have sampled those areas more and gone deeper.
If i only had a limited time on me i would like to take samples behind the little "island" before the first bend, behind the first bend/pensula and behind the two bends in the middle.
Good luck and best regards Basso.
  • IP loggad
« Senast ändrad: 04 juni, 2014, 10:52:59 av BASSO »
Guld finns överallt det gäller bara att hitta det...

• Surdeg
  • Antal inlägg: 281
  • Gillande:
#2: 04 juni, 2014, 12:58:56

This pic is not that dark
  • IP loggad

• Surdeg
  • Antal inlägg: 399
    • Scandredge AB
  • Gillande:
#3: 04 juni, 2014, 13:23:22
Thanks for that, yes it's flatland, it will be a day out with my twin boys (12 years old) it's the first time panning for them so hopefully we'll find something :)
I've not been there before but a day at a river is always a good day..... On the lower part it looks like there's some wash from a stone in the river so I will take a small sluice & the Henderson to get in behind it.....
Cheers,
John.
  • IP loggad
Scandredge.se
Material in motion

Gå upp